The next morning (today - Friday), I enjoyed waking up later than usual and doing homework and enjoying my time at home before going into work in the afternoon after the ice on the roads thawed. Since the entrance to Beltway 8 from 59 was still closed at 1pm, I had to take a more scenic route to work. All in all, it has been a successful and enjoyable day. I also had a chance of taking pictures of the thick layer of ice on my car...you don't see THAT every day in Houston. :D - side note - Andrew is wearing short sleeves because he, being the awesomely sweet brother that he is, gave me his jacket to wear as he ran outside to show me the ice on my car's windows.
Friday, February 4, 2011
It ALMOST snowed! This calls for a celebration! ;)
Sooo...about to go into work on Thursday afternoon as my Mom is telling me to watch the weather tonight and to be safe. I check my phone and text my co-worker to make sure that we're still having classes tonight (Thursday night, that is). I was pretty sure that I would have to cancel my outdoor agility class, but I didn't know about the indoor classes. Yep, cancelled. So, I go into work, finish up as fast as possible and get back home earlier than I've been home on a Thursday in a LONG time. As I sat at home catching up on homework, paperwork and movies, I sat there waiting for the storm to hit, waiting for the justification that, yes, we cancelled classes for a reason. 9pm rolls around, I'm roasting marsh mellows over the fire with Andrew and Jenn as we enjoy eating s'mores over the kitchen sink. Still no storm, sleet or snow. By 11pm, I've given up on the sleet, we could have had classes...BUT, I definitely enjoyed my night off. ;)
The next morning (today - Friday), I enjoyed waking up later than usual and doing homework and enjoying my time at home before going into work in the afternoon after the ice on the roads thawed. Since the entrance to Beltway 8 from 59 was still closed at 1pm, I had to take a more scenic route to work. All in all, it has been a successful and enjoyable day. I also had a chance of taking pictures of the thick layer of ice on my car...you don't see THAT every day in Houston. :D - side note - Andrew is wearing short sleeves because he, being the awesomely sweet brother that he is, gave me his jacket to wear as he ran outside to show me the ice on my car's windows.

The next morning (today - Friday), I enjoyed waking up later than usual and doing homework and enjoying my time at home before going into work in the afternoon after the ice on the roads thawed. Since the entrance to Beltway 8 from 59 was still closed at 1pm, I had to take a more scenic route to work. All in all, it has been a successful and enjoyable day. I also had a chance of taking pictures of the thick layer of ice on my car...you don't see THAT every day in Houston. :D - side note - Andrew is wearing short sleeves because he, being the awesomely sweet brother that he is, gave me his jacket to wear as he ran outside to show me the ice on my car's windows.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Yay for *winter* weather!
ReplyDeleteLove that "awesomely sweet brother" of yours. :)