Sunday, June 7, 2009

Figuring it out...slowly but surely.

Ok, so I just changed some font colors and I figured out how to get that picture as my header. WOW. lol, I'll eventually learn how to do everything fast and efficient.

Church was awesome today. I had another fun morning of teaching the Toddler sunday school class. I love those kids, they never cease to amaze me. I love teaching them their memory verses, kids pick up verses SO fast! The funniest story that I have from my class is when we were praying and I agreed to let Caleb (my pastor's son) pray. Now, before I continue, I need you to understand how most toddlers pray. With their hands squeezed tightly together and their faces pressed on top of their hands over the table, they begin to quietly mumble words. Now, I have to admit that I peek to make sure that all of their eyes are closed...and to see when the kid praying says "amen". Anyways, back to the story, Caleb was mumbling his prayer into his tightly squeezed hands when he stops and looks at me and asks "what is it?" now I couldn't really understand his prayer so I had no idea what he was asking. He sat there thinking and asked me again... "what is it?" and finally I took a wild guess and said, "in Jesus name, Amen?" and Caleb goes, "Oh yeah! In Jesus Name, Amen." Phew! We could have been there for hours with me trying to guess what he wanted to know. :-)

Ever since Church was over I have had one of my favorite songs stuck in my head, I love the lyrics.

"May the Words of My Mouth"
words and music by Shane Barnard

May the words of my mouth / and the meditations of my heart
be pleasing to you / pleasing to you (2x)
My God

You're my rock and my redeemer / You're the reason that I sing
I desire to be a blessing / in Your eyes

Every hour and every moment / Lord I want to be your servant
I desire to be a blessing / in Your eyes / in Your eyes

No comments:

Post a Comment